Miss Bailey's Journal

We want to keep our family and friends up-to-date on our little Miss Bailey.

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Ms. Independent

Bailey sure likes taking care of herself...all by herself. She wants to select her own clothes, change herself, go potty all by herself, press play on the DVD player and anything else she thinks she can handle on her own. Tonight, she wanted to go to sleep by herself and she did. This I'm not too happy about but at least Bradley still needs me to motivate him, change him (sshh, don't tell anyone), select his clothes, put him to sleep, etc.

I think Bailey has figured out that those bottles make her feel bad so she has really cut back recently. I think it's a good thing because I need to wean her anyway and she needs to slim down a little more also.

She is enjoying her big puppy now and they entertain each other all day long. They really make a good couple. Now if only I could teach the puppy to stay in the yard like she used to when she was younger, we would be set.

She enjoyed her first real ball game today. She has been before but she was too young to understand or remember anything. This time she really got to do more stuff around the field and complex and not hang on me the whole time.

Overall, she is doing great. Her speech continues to improve and I'm still hoping that by August 8th, we'll have most of these issues behind us to avoid another round of therapy. Only time will tell though. She really tries so hard.

Thanks for keeping up with us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home