I Miss You
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
I Miss You
Bailey gets so lonely hanging around the house all day with me. Sure I am here with her but it is nothing like having Bradley around. To her, Bradley is all That! As soon as he got home yesterday, he sat down to unwind. Bailey crawled up into his lap and told him, "I miss you". It was so cute! She huged on him and got her fix and then they went off and played together. Secretly I know Bradley would be lost without her.
So...I fired the speech SLP also. I'm really tired of the third party billing and all the trouble that causes. I believe BCBS does it this way as a deterrant. They know they have to approve her therapies so they run it through as a third party to create a big problem for the parents. I feel she is doing so much better now. Everyone who knows her is impressed with her speech, especially compared to Bradley's at this age. She still lags behind but I'm willing to leave that part to preschool intake to handle in August. I think she will do just fine until that point.
The spitting up continues, or is it considered vomiting? I have always struggled with this. I felt she vomited two times on Monday. She felt warm to me but her temp was perfectly normal. I even took a rectal to confirm it! After keeping down a popsicle Monday night, she finally started to perk up more. She was absolutely fine yesterday which I thought was odd. Who knows, maybe she was fighting off some cooties.
There is one last topic I have been meaning to address. I get a lot of compliments about Bailey, whether it is at a meeting, while hanging around the school or shopping, or whereever we are. She can be so quiet and a perfect angel when she needs to be. As an example, I had my first weight watchers meeting last Thursday. We were there for almost two hours. I took Bailey's coloring book and 3 crayons to keep her occupied. She colored and did her own thing the entire time we were there. She never once melted down or complained about anything. I got several comments that day from the other people at the meeting. I can take her into the library and she knows to whisper and be quiet. She loves to play around all the books. It's so nice knowing I can take her out for long periods and she is just fine. She also loves to shop and hide out in the clothes racks.
There hasn't been much, if any, eating going on lately. It's all I can do to get anything solid in her. I'm hoping it's only teething related. I talked with her CDSA about this yesterday and she agrees to wait until after her next Kid's Eat evaluation before continuing therapy sessions.
I Miss You
Bailey gets so lonely hanging around the house all day with me. Sure I am here with her but it is nothing like having Bradley around. To her, Bradley is all That! As soon as he got home yesterday, he sat down to unwind. Bailey crawled up into his lap and told him, "I miss you". It was so cute! She huged on him and got her fix and then they went off and played together. Secretly I know Bradley would be lost without her.
So...I fired the speech SLP also. I'm really tired of the third party billing and all the trouble that causes. I believe BCBS does it this way as a deterrant. They know they have to approve her therapies so they run it through as a third party to create a big problem for the parents. I feel she is doing so much better now. Everyone who knows her is impressed with her speech, especially compared to Bradley's at this age. She still lags behind but I'm willing to leave that part to preschool intake to handle in August. I think she will do just fine until that point.
The spitting up continues, or is it considered vomiting? I have always struggled with this. I felt she vomited two times on Monday. She felt warm to me but her temp was perfectly normal. I even took a rectal to confirm it! After keeping down a popsicle Monday night, she finally started to perk up more. She was absolutely fine yesterday which I thought was odd. Who knows, maybe she was fighting off some cooties.
There is one last topic I have been meaning to address. I get a lot of compliments about Bailey, whether it is at a meeting, while hanging around the school or shopping, or whereever we are. She can be so quiet and a perfect angel when she needs to be. As an example, I had my first weight watchers meeting last Thursday. We were there for almost two hours. I took Bailey's coloring book and 3 crayons to keep her occupied. She colored and did her own thing the entire time we were there. She never once melted down or complained about anything. I got several comments that day from the other people at the meeting. I can take her into the library and she knows to whisper and be quiet. She loves to play around all the books. It's so nice knowing I can take her out for long periods and she is just fine. She also loves to shop and hide out in the clothes racks.
There hasn't been much, if any, eating going on lately. It's all I can do to get anything solid in her. I'm hoping it's only teething related. I talked with her CDSA about this yesterday and she agrees to wait until after her next Kid's Eat evaluation before continuing therapy sessions.

1 Comments:
At 11:42 AM,
LoveBugZ said…
Glad you got the sweet girl as I did not! She sounds like a dream!
Post a Comment
<< Home