Exit Birth to Three program!!
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Exit Birth to Three program
I had no idea it had been so long since my last update. I guess with me being sick and so busy with school that I let time slip by. Becky came by this morning an met with us to officially exit Bailey from the Birth to Three program and all therapy and consultation services. It may seem like a drastic decision but it is well thought out and valid at this point. Bailey's diet is still primarily (I guess meaning about 80%) via bottle with 1/3 Nutren Jr and 2/3 1% milk plus cereal for thickener. However, I think we can make some progress on our own soon. She had a dentist appointment last week and her dentist believes that her teething is soon to subside for a year or so before her 2nd year molars are due to come in. She has 3 teeth erupting right now and that will give her a full set of 16 teeth. Which reminds me that I completely forgot to update her 16th tooth breaking through. She came up to me 2 weeks ago and said "ma, look!" She was showing me her latest new tooth! And now come to think of it...she has had diarrhea for almost a whole week now and I wonder if it stems from having 3 teeth coming in? I thought it might be viral though. Anyway, back to the subject at hand... I feel that once this teething subsides, her appetite and ability for real food will return and I am hoping we will see an eating spurt.
As for her speech issues, we are holding off on more therapy until after her eval in August for preschool intake (8/8 at 9am). I would like to see how well she improves on her own and with our guidance. She talks her own language very well and consistantly though.
She continues to spit up sporadically but it could be due to her teething and lack of substance in her diet.
Exit Birth to Three program
I had no idea it had been so long since my last update. I guess with me being sick and so busy with school that I let time slip by. Becky came by this morning an met with us to officially exit Bailey from the Birth to Three program and all therapy and consultation services. It may seem like a drastic decision but it is well thought out and valid at this point. Bailey's diet is still primarily (I guess meaning about 80%) via bottle with 1/3 Nutren Jr and 2/3 1% milk plus cereal for thickener. However, I think we can make some progress on our own soon. She had a dentist appointment last week and her dentist believes that her teething is soon to subside for a year or so before her 2nd year molars are due to come in. She has 3 teeth erupting right now and that will give her a full set of 16 teeth. Which reminds me that I completely forgot to update her 16th tooth breaking through. She came up to me 2 weeks ago and said "ma, look!" She was showing me her latest new tooth! And now come to think of it...she has had diarrhea for almost a whole week now and I wonder if it stems from having 3 teeth coming in? I thought it might be viral though. Anyway, back to the subject at hand... I feel that once this teething subsides, her appetite and ability for real food will return and I am hoping we will see an eating spurt.
As for her speech issues, we are holding off on more therapy until after her eval in August for preschool intake (8/8 at 9am). I would like to see how well she improves on her own and with our guidance. She talks her own language very well and consistantly though.
She continues to spit up sporadically but it could be due to her teething and lack of substance in her diet.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home