Chinese, Japanese, Bailey-ese
April 20, 2007
Chinese, Japanese, Bailey-ese
Bailey is 20 months old!! So hard to believe she will be 2 very soon. She is coming up with some new words of her own and developing her own little language. Some recents ones are ahma - I want, do - done. She already has her words for Dora - dado, Diego - dedo, (a growl) - Baby Jaguar, bapa - Backpack, boo - Boots, you can tell she loves her Dora/Diego shows!! Bottle is baba or babu, Bubble is the same - babu, balloon is the same - babu. I imagine she will elaborate on those a bit more as she uses them more. She used to call a lot of the Dora characters dada. She still has de for tea or cheese, it would be nice for her to differentiate between those two because she asks for them quite often.
Her lower left molar is HUGE! It takes up about her whole mouth. I can see bumps where the top left is still trying to break through (I thought it had already) and the top right one also. The bottom left is still MIA right now. Her sleep is sporadic and she isn't as fond of her bottle right now - I'm guessing due to the molars. She is trying some food though, which really surprises me since she is teething so hard. She had some noodles from Hamburger Helper (Patrick's request) last night and I cut them up for her and she did great. Her volume isn't there but she did eat a few successfully. She had some spaghetti o's a couple days ago and is still trying to eat french fries. The cheese, she will take tiny little nibbles off of it at a time and does swallow it successfully but again, no real volume at all. At least she is trying and is showing some interest, finally!
She had her first therapy session in a while yesterday. She did great. She didn't eat any food, but did get some peach juice in her, which is awesome. She didn't like the spoon but once we introduced the green knobby again, she got excited and started licking the juice off of it. Shawna kept trying food along with it but she wasn't having any of that. Shawna thought it was a good session and was impressed. She said though, should Bailey begin to refuse 'eating' during sessions, we really need to get her therapies in a home environment. This has happened before so we will have to watch and see how she does. I think the new time is the key factor with this session, it was at 11:30 - right at lunchtime. I really feel if we could get someone to come help with dinner, she would really take off well. She is motivated for eating mostly at dinnertime. Mornings are a no-go and afternoons are a bit wishy-washy. So we will wait and see how this develops.
I resumed her meds last night. I had stopped them due to the diarrhea, but now her bm's are too hard for her and her coughing is returning along with the night fussing. She slept so much better last night so it had to have helped.
Chinese, Japanese, Bailey-ese
Bailey is 20 months old!! So hard to believe she will be 2 very soon. She is coming up with some new words of her own and developing her own little language. Some recents ones are ahma - I want, do - done. She already has her words for Dora - dado, Diego - dedo, (a growl) - Baby Jaguar, bapa - Backpack, boo - Boots, you can tell she loves her Dora/Diego shows!! Bottle is baba or babu, Bubble is the same - babu, balloon is the same - babu. I imagine she will elaborate on those a bit more as she uses them more. She used to call a lot of the Dora characters dada. She still has de for tea or cheese, it would be nice for her to differentiate between those two because she asks for them quite often.
Her lower left molar is HUGE! It takes up about her whole mouth. I can see bumps where the top left is still trying to break through (I thought it had already) and the top right one also. The bottom left is still MIA right now. Her sleep is sporadic and she isn't as fond of her bottle right now - I'm guessing due to the molars. She is trying some food though, which really surprises me since she is teething so hard. She had some noodles from Hamburger Helper (Patrick's request) last night and I cut them up for her and she did great. Her volume isn't there but she did eat a few successfully. She had some spaghetti o's a couple days ago and is still trying to eat french fries. The cheese, she will take tiny little nibbles off of it at a time and does swallow it successfully but again, no real volume at all. At least she is trying and is showing some interest, finally!
She had her first therapy session in a while yesterday. She did great. She didn't eat any food, but did get some peach juice in her, which is awesome. She didn't like the spoon but once we introduced the green knobby again, she got excited and started licking the juice off of it. Shawna kept trying food along with it but she wasn't having any of that. Shawna thought it was a good session and was impressed. She said though, should Bailey begin to refuse 'eating' during sessions, we really need to get her therapies in a home environment. This has happened before so we will have to watch and see how she does. I think the new time is the key factor with this session, it was at 11:30 - right at lunchtime. I really feel if we could get someone to come help with dinner, she would really take off well. She is motivated for eating mostly at dinnertime. Mornings are a no-go and afternoons are a bit wishy-washy. So we will wait and see how this develops.
I resumed her meds last night. I had stopped them due to the diarrhea, but now her bm's are too hard for her and her coughing is returning along with the night fussing. She slept so much better last night so it had to have helped.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home