Miss Bailey's Journal

We want to keep our family and friends up-to-date on our little Miss Bailey.

Monday, October 20, 2008

My Stubborn, Independent Perfectionist!

I think this is what it comes down to. Bailey seems to be strong-willed, independent, stubborn, and simply refuses to fail. I hope she won't turn out like some of those mean high school girls that will do anything to get what they want. Hopefully she will learn to use these qualities in productive ways. I think they are great qualities to have in being successful in a chosen career.

So why is it that I am only now mentioning this? Well, I just can't keep overlooking things and blowing it off to a phase, her age, etc. I believe it stems from her character as a baby and it is coming full circle now. I wonder if this is partly why she struggled so hard with baby food but failed and then refused to try. Is this why she didn't like to be spoon-fed? I wonder if this is why she fought her bottles so hard but insisted on finishing that whole bottle.

More recently, she insists on pottying by herself. She won't let me help her. In speech class, she gets quite upset if she is corrected and then won't try to talk anymore. Even at home if I try to explain something with her or correct her she will start crying. Last night she woke up very upset because she needed to potty but refused to tell me why or what was wrong. Once she realized she had a diaper on she went right back to sleep. She never has accidents (unless sleeping) but this was the first time she has woken to go potty.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home