Cookie Face!

Wednesday, May 03, 2006
Oh it's been so long since an update. I was in the hospital from 4/25-4/27 and still recovering. Bailey didn't take her bottles well unless I was there to feed her but she was ready for some solids by the time I was feeling better. She has been eating them very well (except today) ever since. I had her try some chicken and rice tonight and she did great with it, just not much of an appetite for food at the time. Most times, she prefers a bottle over solids. She loves to feed herself those Gerber cookies (the really hard ones) and a popsicle occassionally. I have tried some other finger foods but she is either not interested or gags on it. Oh, I gave her a banana in a mesh feeder which she enjoyed but she spent more time beating it on the tray than eating it. What a mess!! She is still spitting whole feedings. Notice the picture...she is opening her mouth for foods!
Developmentally, she is still doing great. She is getting very strong but no interest in being mobile yet. She still turns herself around while sitting down. She can sit up in bed when she wakes up. She still cries at strangers, which has been awful with all our doctor and hospital visits lately. Her ear infection has healed completely. She enjoys dropping toys on the floor and watching my reaction and picking them up. She squeals when Maria comes around, or Bradley of course. She is talking more and more making b, m, d, and l sounds. She loves to watch Dora on TV. She stops whatever she is doing to watch it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home